Buriram Sugarcane Research and Development Company Limited ("BRD") was originally named Buriram Machinery Development Company Limited, registered in 1996 with the registered capital of 1 Million Baht. After that, on February 16, 2010, Buriram Machinery Development Company Limited increased the registered and paid-up capital to 70. 88 Million Baht and changed its name to Buriram Sugarcane Research and Development Company Limited respectively in which BRR currently holds 99.99% of total shares.
BRD is a subsidiary that provides raw materials to BSF and operates the supporting business in the sugarcane farmers planting through conducting the contract farming with sugarcane farmers in order to provide the sufficiency of raw materials for full capacity of BSF including develop the innovations of sugarcane variety, the irrigated system management, the machines and equipment in farming, online sugarcane farmers management by Management Information System, sugarcane plantation map system by Geographic Information System and apply the technologies in every step of work in order to operate, control, assess and solve the problems in real time. Moreover, BRD also coaches and conveys the academic and practical knowledge about sugarcane farming to farmers in order to increase the crop yield and quality to farmers and also strengthen the potentials of farmers for sustainably career path as well as make the certain income for a living which will develop the better quality of life consecutively.
According to the ability of agricultural plants and knowledge management of BRD, BRD has collaborated with provincial governmental agencies in zoning management of Buriram Province as the pioneer city in zoning management through changing inappropriate areas that plants other crops such as rice to plant sugarcane instead according to the policies of Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives. Furthermore, BRD also determines to raise the standard in agricultural management with the innovations and technologies as well as many kinds of researches in compliance with national development of the economic model "Thailand 4.0" by the government to create a value-based economy that is driven by innovation.
Excellence in Academic Knowledge and Management for the Stable Production and Sustainable Living of Sugarcane Farmers
Policy and Mission
Promote sugarcane farmers in a radius of 40 kilometers around the manufacturer to ensure the high crop yield and good quality based on academic knowledge and their responsibility.
Develop the management system to ensure the stability of output and profit of sugarcane farmers.
Develop innovation to enhance the competency of the organization and sugarcane farmers.
Promote the education of its personnel and sugarcane farmers for mutual sustainable growth.
Research and development for the sustainability of the career in sugarcane farming.
- Promote the factors of production in sugarcane planting for sugarcane farmers in order to generate the sugarcane crushing volume and quality as targeted.
- Provide suggestions, knowledge, and technology about production to sugarcane farmers to enhance their competency and to operate their sugarcane farming in appropriate and timely manner; consequently, sugarcane farmers will earn well returns from such career, good quality of life, and sustainable career.
- Develop human resources in raw materials procuring department in order to possess expertise and skills for monitoring, assisting, and provide solutions for sugarcane farmers effectively, together with developing sugarcane farmers’ knowledge to be upgraded to professionals, and creating their sustainable happiness.
- Study and develop the new sugarcane planting pattern, sugarcane varieties, and factors of production suitable for sugarcane farmers in the sugarcane planting promotion areas in order to reduce production cost and increase the crop yield per rai.
Management excellence that makes BRD a prototypic sugar factory of Thailand:
- On-line plantation management
- Smart Farm system development
- Use of GIS MIS system
- Academically-oriented supporting and monitoring system in plot-level
- Use of Strong-Farmers Supporting System
- Continual development for promoting extension officers and growers’ skills
- Creating confidence for farmers in all areas
Buriram Sugarcane Research and Development Co., Ltd. (BRD) is mainly responsible for procuring raw material “sugar cane” to supply sugar production process of Buriram Sugar Plc. (BRR). Its main function is
to encourage farmers to grow canes and sell back to the company in the form of contract farming. In so doing, the company will provide quality production factors, knowledge, recommendations, and an efficient and updated management system that can track and monitor the crops in plot-level. This is to ensure that all crops are grown with high farming standards in every process on the basis of sustainable development that will maximize productivity and profitability of cane growers, preserving their farming career. In practice, the provision is done through promoting extension officers and/or scholars, who will guide and coach every farmer through all of the production processes, starting from cane growing, planting, nurturing and transporting to the factory to make quality sugar and other by-products that will become an upstream material for other related industries.
The company has established a research unit to conduct studies that will find solutions for farmers’ problems through several initiatives from working closely with academic institutes and external organizations, such as Suranaree University of Technology, Kasetsart University’s Kamphaeng-Saen Campus, Khon Kaen University, Maejo University, Department of Agriculture, and Office of the Cane and Sugar Board, to find the way to improve the return of sugar cane growing covering many aspects, such as lineage improvement, soil and fertilizer improvement, watering system improvement, and pest and disease control. The knowledge gained from such initiatives will then be shared with the cane growers.
Smart is Beautiful
The determined Standpoint of BRD
Growing together, Strong cane growers, Stable plants
|Raw Materials Procurement||Research and Development||Support|